Under the supervision of the Manager, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors. In addition, is also responsible to administer assigned consumer and overdraft accounts to minimize delinquency and charge off losses, minimize expenses and reduce exposure to counterclaims, evaluate and dispose of collateral where appropriate. Assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act and Bank of Hawaii policies and procedures as well as State and Federal requirements for the collection of debts.
- Contacts delinquent and overdraft customers through various means, including telephone, letters or in person.
- Reviews, analyzes and determines source of repayment problem. Recommends and implements course of action to resolve delinquent status or overdraft and assists customer in reestablishing payment record or reconciling account
- Obtain payments via check-draft software or through manual debits authorized by the customers.
- Ensure bank customer information is updated to better service going forward.
- Develops resolutions to delinquency within established authority and guidelines.
- Monitors internal or external documents to remain compliant with Bank of Hawaii, State and Federal regulations on collection and bankruptcy policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a broad product knowledge base and utilizes all workout tools available for customer assistance.
- Reviews, recommends and assigns accounts for repossession, foreclosure or legal action. Utilizes resources to facilitate skip tracing efforts.
- Utilizes workout tools, by determining if effective to cure delinquency.
- Follows deposit and loan processes to ensure proper handling of account.
Communicates and negotiates with external and internal customers as well as bank personnel to resolve disputes, problems and complaints.
Follows up for timely completion of resolutions.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with other departments and branches along with other outside service providers, such as repossession agencies and attorneys.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in sales, marketing, customer service or other related fields.
- Proficient in computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel as well as other standard office equipment. (Proficient and effective communication skills in a foreign language, as determined by business need)
Other Job Qualifications
- Demonstrated strong negotiating, organizational, interpersonal oral and writing skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Bank Operations
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Dec 15, 2016, 5:10:31 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing