Commercial Banking Analyst-1600819
Under the direction of the Commercial Banking Analytics Manager, the Commercial Banking Analyst position assists the Commercial Banking Underwriter and Primary Relationship Officer (PRO) with the evaluation of financial and other risks associated with business clients to enable a credit decision to be made. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS discipline and behaviors.
- Spreads Financial Statements, Business Tax Returns and Personal Tax Returns utilizing Moody’s Financial Analysis software; prepares Loan and Account summary and financial updates to Asset Quality Reports
- Performs covenant compliance and tracking through calculations and documentation on the Compliance Review Worksheet; performs collateral valuations and validates Borrowing Bases or Advances with restrictions
- Analyzes financial statements, evaluates historical operating performance and financial condition and assesses operational and credit risk in preparing Vendor Financial Reviews and Modified CAMs
- Assists Commercial Banking Senior Analyst or Underwriter with research, due diligence, and analysis as requested. Includes preparation of credit amendments (CAM-3) for covenant waivers and/or extensions and establishment or renewal of ACH limits via CR68 or ACH Control Limit Report
- Retrieves and reviews daily overdraft reports and ACH exceptions and recommends appropriate disposition of overdrafts and ACH exceptions with adequate research to support recommendation; communicates with client and PRO as necessary
- Cross trains in Commercial Banking Compliance Coordinator functions including maintenance of the Baker Hill database, which is used to track financial statement reporting requirements, distribution of Baker Hill past due and expiring reports and preparation of client letters
The qualified applicant for the Commercial Banking Analytics meets the following basic requirements:
College degree preferably in business or related area, or equivalent business and/or business credit work experience.
Demonstrated analytical and accounting skills.
Demonstrated verbal, written communication and client servicing skills which meets BOHC's established standards.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated personal computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office and other spreadsheet and database programs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Bank Operations
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Oct 26, 2016, 10:42:55 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing