Commercial Digital Product Manager-1700312
Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now, we’re embracing change with our new 21st century banking.
It’s our people who help us succeed in offering first class service and products to our customers. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
Does this sound like you?
Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. Here you can be at the forefront of whatever you do. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Commercial Digital Product Manager:
Under the direction of the Manager, the Commercial Digital Product Manager is responsible for actively managing a line of web and digital products and services by ensuring that short and long term plans and objectives are successfully met. In addition, the Product Manager performs product assessments on a regular basis in order to provide leadership with key information about the overall business performance of the products and to subsequently initiate any changes necessary in order to improve performance. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS discipline and behaviors.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
Manages digital product delivery. Champions the business process reengineering of commercial banking solutions delivery and support across all internal business units against vendor technologies. Ensures business processes and solutions align with customer requirements. Oversees initiatives to streamline sales, onboarding, and servicing digital processes and reduce associated product costs to attain operational efficiency.
Develops new product offerings and strategy as needed to meet client needs while ensuring a favorable competitive position in the market. Maintains market intelligence to keep abreast of current and pending offerings from banks within the Bank of Hawaii market as well as banks in markets outside of Bank of Hawaii’s market.
Collaborates with internal and external business partners to develop business solutions and introduce product changes. Leads digital product assessment with Business Process Analyst and other managers. Provides subject matter expertise and quality assurance for assigned digital product line.
Develops and implements marketing campaigns and sales programs to support the front line merchandising. Manages the sales efforts. Accompanies sales team on sales calls and presentations as appropriate. Provides in-depth product training to a wide group of constituencies, both internal and external to Bank of Hawaii.
Develops and manages collateral material and sales aids. Drafts policies and procedures and oversees the maintenance of up-to-date material from all sources. Provides system support with direct oversight over system upgrades and conversions. Validates system integrity of changes.
Responsible for the management of all employees in the team including staffing and scheduling, compensation, performance management, training and development. Goal is to attract, retain and motivate the team to achieve management business objectives and maintain a favorable employee relations climate. Responsible for the timely and effective management of Human Resources forms and documents relevant to immediate staff.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Major in economics, technology, marketing, finance or other business major preferred.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of product management, equivalent commercial banking experience or other equivalent work experience.
- Should include 1 – 2 years of lead/supervisory/management experience.
- Process and/or project management experience with lead roles preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency and with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Knowledge of or ability to use Bank software.
- Must have strong technology acumen.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate analytical results and assessments, concepts, business strategies and project plans.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic planning and organizational skills required.
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently, think critically, prioritize work and effectively manage time in a multiple project environment with changing priorities and staff.
- Able to drive change and think innovatively.
- Requires interpersonal skills sufficient to manage staff and interact effectively with management and customers.
- Must be able to provide own transportation or to operate a vehicle with a valid driver’s license, and ability to commute as required.
- Requires occasional inter-island travel and may include periodic out-of-state travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Banking Sales/Services
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Apr 20, 2017, 9:10:13 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing