Compensation & Benefits Specialist-1700170
Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now, we’re embracing change with our new 21st century banking.
It’s our people who help us succeed in offering first class service and products to our customers. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
Does this sound like you?
Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. Here you can be at the forefront of whatever you do. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Compensation & Benefits Specialist
Under the direction of the HR Manager, the HR Specialist is responsible for the research, analysis, design, maintenance, and reporting of Compensation and Benefit (welfare, fringe and retirement) plans. Assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. This position is also responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
- Identifies needs and/or opportunities for total rewards improvements and recommends/implements changes based on analysis, employee feedback, market trends and changes in regulations.
- Implements compensation and benefit plan design changes, enhancements, and/or new programs.
- Reviews all process changes and enhancements to ensure continued compliance.
- Documents and maintains procedures.
- Reviews, analyzes and compiles variable pay plan information for executive reporting.
- Assists variable pay plan owners/administrators with incentive plan revisions.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to the business on a variety of compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels and pay mix (i.e. base pay, incentives).
- May lead annual Focal Review process for the Bank.
- Reviews, analyzes and recommends leveling of positions and overall job structure for the Bank.
- Researches and gathers market data from various external and internal sources to perform comparative analysis.
- Works with managers and business units to complete evaluations on a timely basis.
- Assists in resolving problems or issues.
- May involve facilitating various human resources training/education sessions.
- Participates and takes an active leadership role in department/division/corporate responsibilities/projects.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and any regulatory changes pertaining to compensation and benefits.
- Works with closely with the HR Service Center and other departments to develop new wellbeing programs and strategies to improve the overall wellbeing of employees.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Serves as back up to other HR Specialists.
- Trains others in the department or support areas as it relates to responsibilities.
- Cross trains in other HR areas as needed.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Entry level coursework in accounting or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Requires an appropriate working knowledge of federal and state labor laws and regulations (ERISA, ACA, FLSA, COBRA, etc.) and other federal and state laws and regulations (Tax Code, Hawaii Prepaid Health Care Act, etc.) impacting compensation and benefit administration.
- Also requires knowledge of alternatives and best practices.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years Human Resources experience to include but not limited to compensation and/or benefits administration and related HR areas, or equivalent work experience.
- Should have working knowledge of ERISA, ACA, FLSA, COBRA, Hawaii Prepaid Health Care Act and other laws impacting compensation and benefit administration for a large employer.
- Should have some knowledge of alternatives and best practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point) or similar software.
- Knowledge of or ability to use Bank systems and software.
- Familiarity with Lawson HCM System or similar system is preferred.
- Working knowledge and ability to use, replicate and adapt Word documents and forms; use, replicate and adapt Excel worksheets with charts and formulas; use, replicate and adapt Access databases and objects including queries and reports; use, replicate and adapt PowerPoint presentations with linked worksheets and charts; etc.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented and organized.
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities and changing deadlines.
- Should have a friendly and competent customer service outlook and ability to work across divisions and departments to build strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial and business analysis, and forecasting and trends analysis.
- Must have ability to meet with employees and managers, alone and in groups, and make presentations.
- May involve travel to BOH locations within and outside the State of Hawaii.
- Able to travel by automobile and/or by air.
- Able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed or assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Human Resources
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Feb 28, 2017, 4:53:45 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing