Customer Relationship Specialist - Kapolei Call Center-1700097
Under the direction of the Manager, this position is responsible for servicing specialty inquiries via various channels from internal and external customers. Servicing includes, but is not limited to, serving as the Business Banking Service Center (BBSC) and providing support to both external customers and Business Banking Division (BBD) staff, eFunds support to Hawaii Branch Division (HBD) staff, Credit Union Market servicing support to Federal Credit Union (FCU) members and staff, I-Care identity theft support to external customers and other branch/department staff throughout the Corporation, complex/tier II type inquiries and requests regarding loans, individual retirement accounts (IRA), and time deposit accounts (TDA).
If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. This position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
Resolving Customer Inquiries
Responds to and independently resolves routine and complex internal/external customer inquiries and issues including, but not limited to, telephone, email, fax, and written correspondence regarding BBSC, eFunds, FCU, I-Care, loans, IRA, and TDA for consumer and business banking accounts. Answers incoming inquiries in a courteous, professional, grammatically correct, and timely manner. Independently prepares and sends written responses to inquiries that are professional in tone and meets standard grammatical requirements to internal/external customers via MS Outlook and other internal Bank systems. Responding to customer inquiries may involve researching and contacting other departments, analyzing the customer’s account, and/or placing subsequent calls to the customer to obtain or provide needed information. Utilizes all available resources, makes changes to accounts according to established procedures, and works with third party vendors and lines of business to resolve complex problems prior to escalating to a supervisor.
Identifies Fraud Situations
Analyzes client accounts and transactions to detect potential fraud situations and identify fraud trends and patterns. Handles inbound calls to verify transactions and take appropriate action. Identifies possible risks and make decisions based on findings with minimal supervision. Communicates to management any complex and unique situations that needs immediate attention.
Focuses on customer retention/relationship building: Handles customer concerns/issues and professionally responds to customer’s requests for assistance on banking accounts such as checking, savings, loans and other bank products and services. Requires analyzing of customer’s accounts and effective communication skills to provide needed information to customer. Reviews customer profile and identifies customer financial needs, informs and recommends appropriate financial services. Performs outbound teleconsulting initiatives to establish, retain, and develop existing and new client relationships for various business units within the corporation.
Customer Service Training
Customer Service Representative Subject Matter Expert used for call shadowing and customer service technique training. Maintains up-to-date information and working knowledge on all Bank products, services and promotions. Must successfully complete and attend additional training programs as required and to work the shift block hired for.
• High School diploma or equivalent work-related experience
• One (1) year business experience in customer service, sales and/or marketing
• Prior call center experience is preferred
• Extensive knowledge of the bank’s programs, products and services including product and account information, legal/dispute requirements, processing procedures and general investing
• Technical skill, including proficiency with computers and support systems
• Ability to adapt to changing electronic environment
• Demonstrated verbal communication including good voice quality, diction and articulation
• Sales, marketing and service skills which meet Bank of Hawaii’s established standards
• Ability to use a personal computer and is proficient on Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, and Access or similar relational database product
• Proficient reading, writing and math skills
• Customer service skills including an ability to work well with the public and an ability to adopt a customer perspective
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Possess exceptional listening, communication, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
• Must be able to wear a headset
• Position requires flexible work hours in a 24x7 environment
• Must provide own transportation to commute and arrive at intended destination in a timely manner and/or as required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Banking Sales/Services
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Mar 6, 2017, 4:23:40 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing