Deposits Product Manager-1700047
Deposits Product Manager
Under the direction of the Manager, this position is responsible for supporting all aspects of deposit products and related products and services including establishing and ensuring that short and long term plans are successfully fulfilled. This role helps to define and implement strategies for deposit products and related products and services, including but not limited to product design, pricing, sales, marketing, compliance, technology integration, and customer service. Responsible for all deposit and deposit-related products and services (consumer and business), including product reporting, financial forecasting, project management, operational enhancements, new product launches and modifications, pricing changes, product positioning and compliance and risk monitoring. Assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
• Responsible for management of the deposit products business, including profitability, partnerships and overall market position. Assists in establishing balance, number of account and revenue goals, acquisition and marketing strategies for target segments. Works closely with other deposit products team members and in collaboration with key internal partners in Branch Division, Alternate Channels, Technology, Marketing, Business Unit Compliance, Corporate Compliance, Legal, Risk and other divisions to support the execution of the business plan.
• Responsible for managing compliance requirements as well as operational, financial and model risk requirements. Partners with Business Unit Compliance, Corporate Compliance, Legal as well as Branch and Alternate Channels Divisions.
• Supports and enables deposit product strategies. Helps create new products and / or modifies existing products in line with business plan and market needs. Implements marketing plans to retain market penetration drive business growth and meet business targets. Works in collaboration with key partners to develop products and strategies to market programs and independently conduct reviews on market trend and competitor activities to identify opportunities. Assists in developing new product ideas and ongoing features/benefits tailored for each target segment.
• Manages customer relations by monitoring client satisfaction and customer complaints. Provides regular reviews and evaluations of issue resolution matters for quality program and product improvements as needed. Develops materials to train and develop frontline staff and other stakeholder groups on products and cross-selling opportunities.
• Establishes budget requirements and ensures financial returns for the business. Completes financial analyses, portfolio trends, opportunity assessments and other product analysis to identify risk reward opportunities and support continued profitable growth of the deposit portfolio.
• Executes requirements to support business, including system conversions, vendor management, including, but not limited to review of vendor services and contracts.
Education: Four year college degree from an accredited educational institution or equivalent work experience. Financial and trend analysis knowledge preferred.
Experience: Minimum seven years of banking or related experience. Project management and implementation and marketing experience preferred.
Technical Skills: Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PC/Computer software, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access or similar relational database.
Other Qualifications: Strong analytical skills with ability to draw appropriate conclusions from the data, summarize information and present logical recommendations to manage customer relations and market current and new products. Demonstrated marketing skills. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to express information and ideas clearly. Strong organizational skills. Must be able to provide own transportation and ability to commute and arrive at intended destination in a timely manner and/or as required. Travels by air as required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Banking Sales/Services
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Jan 25, 2017, 9:08:28 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing