Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. At Bank of Hawaii, we think of ourselves as forward thinking pace setters. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now more than ever, we’re embracing change while using data and analytics to make informed decisions about our future.
It’s our analysts who help us succeed in finding and interpreting information and turning that information into actionable decisions. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
Does this sound like you?
Do you enjoy partnering with business units and providing a wide range of analysis? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? Are you a self-starter, comfortable with interpreting data into useful analytics? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. You will work with the business to ensure the highest standards of stewardship and control are maintained, all while driving continuous improvement and innovation. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Dispute Analyst
Under the direction of the Manager of the Dispute Processing Center, this position is responsible for reviewing and researching customer’s disputed payment transactions while assisting with fraud detection and mitigation; and reviewing and analyzing customer transactions to identify and report suspicious activity to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. This position will interact with various business units, corporate security and risk partners to support the fraud detection and mitigation strategies of the bank. Also responsible for assisting in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
- Investigates incoming payment disputes to assist in detecting fraud, identifying trends, patterns, and other potential suspicious activity surrounding the claim.
- Analyzes and researches these claims involving multiple relationships and complex transactions.
- Reviews, monitors, and tracks the results of suspicious activity reported.
- Inputs, retrieves, and researches incoming payment disputes within Regulatory guidelines and timeframes.
- Prepares and submits documentation for chargeback, communication to internal business units and notification to external clients.
- Effectively communicates, verbally and in writing with peers at other financial institutions, vendor support units, branch/department personnel, and with customers.
- Understands and stays abreast of regulatory changes impacting the unit.
- Serves as the point of contact and/or subject matter expert regarding the investigation of all suspicious claims with fraud detection and prevention qualified as suspicious activity.
- Conducts training classes for employees.
- Identifies and recommends changes to unit’s current processes to improve daily functions.
- Performs quality reviews of investigations previously performed to ensure all procedures and policies were adhered to.
- Participates in the system tests of new and updated applications provided by vendors.
- Communicates with the technology group to report and resolve any outstanding issues.
- Participates in systems modifications and initiatives as necessary.
- Performs preliminary and final functional/performance testing for new or upgraded systems/applications.
- Participates in implementation of industry standard fraud tools.
- Prepares and submits Electronic Incident Reports (EIR’s) to Corporate Security to provide information regarding a suspicious activity investigation.
- Maintains information on customers with repeat alert activity.
- Submits a report on any Suspicious activity investigated.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- Post high school education or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of comprehensive technical knowledge of bank operations in order to assess suspicious and fraudulent activity (or equivalent operations experience).
- Must have working knowledge of basic office equipment, the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), Metavante systems (Insight, BI), accessing signature card images, conducting internet searches, and utilizing network environments.
- Ability to access and analyze information on the various bank systems.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- A team player. Ability to effectively and efficiently resolve problems.
- Ability to independently perform job functions.
- Administrative and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Bank Operations
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Apr 12, 2017, 9:55:07 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing