Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now, we’re embracing change with our new 21st century banking.
It’s our people who help us succeed in offering first class service and products to our customers. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
Does this sound like you?
Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. Here you can be at the forefront of whatever you do. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Fraud Supervisor
Under the direction of the manager this position provides management support for the Deposit Fraud Center and provides supervisory guidance to the staff. Ensures all servicing functions of DFC are performed within the department’s guidelines, plans, assigns and monitors workflow; must maintain a working knowledge of all functions within the department. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
- Assists in developing and achieving goals and objectives of the unit.
- Plans, monitors, and administers the daily workflow and assignments to ensure quality and efficient administration of all investigations, issues, research and requests.
- Reviews, monitors and evaluates work for accuracy and performance levels.
- Maintains quality control of work; trains and develops staff in all areas of the unit.
- Provides staff with resources and tools to be successful.
- Assists the manager with keeping the staff informed of changes, as well as product and system requirements.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of the functions within the department.
- Identifies and recommends changes to units’ current processes to improve daily functions.
- Performs quality reviews of investigations to ensure compliance to all procedures, policies and regulations.
- Ensures processes are in compliance with all applicable operational processes.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with peers, branch and department personnel and with customers.
- Receives, researches, resolves and responds to requests from branches, departments, financial institutions and Bank of Hawaii customers.
- Prepares and conducts fraud awareness workshops for staff members throughout the bank.
- Participates in the system tests of new and updated applications provided by vendors.
- Under the direction of the Fraud Manager, communicates with the technology group to report and resolve any outstanding issues.
- Participates in systems modifications and initiatives as necessary.
- Performs preliminary and final functional/performance testing for new or upgraded systems/applications.
- Participates in implementation of industry standard fraud tools.
- Exercises signing authority as required within the unit.
- Identifies problems, analyzes situations and exercises authority.
- Manages settlement of all routine/non-routine internal/external requests.
- Responsible for the supervision of all staff members in the department including staffing and scheduling, performance management, training and development.
- Goal is to attract, retain and motivate the team to achieve management business objectives and maintain a favorable employee relations climate.
- Responsible for the timely and effective management of Human Resources forms and documents relevant to immediate staff.
- Develops annual performance goals; prepares performance appraisals; counsel and disciplines staff as necessary.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding hiring and compensation decisions, employment performance and disciplinary procedures, up to and including terminations; and compensation adjustments to the department manager.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Five to seven years of comprehensive technical knowledge of bank operations in order to assess fraudulent activity.
- Personal computer and typing skills must include the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), accessing signature card images, conduct internet searches, utilize network environments and host applications.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated strong presentation, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to analyze a situation to determine a solution.
- Exhibits a positive mental attitude, demonstrated team player and can effectively and efficiently resolve problems.
- Administrative and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to independently perform job functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Bank Operations
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Apr 18, 2017, 8:21:09 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing