Institutional Services Relationship Manager-1700222
Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. At Bank of Hawaii, we think of ourselves as forward thinking pace setters. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial products and services to our customers. Now more than ever, we’re focused on the needs of our customers and providing solutions they need.
It’s our sales team who helps us succeed in providing solutions to retail customers, as well as large and small businesses in Hawaii. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
Does this sound like you?
Do you enjoy learning? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a relationship-builder, good listener, and problem-solver? Are you a self-starter, comfortable with the complexities that come with offering banking solutions? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and are solutions-oriented, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. You will work with internal partners and external clients to ensure the right products and services are offered at the right time. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as an Institutional Services Relationship Manager
Under the direction of the Institutional and Retirement Plan Services Team Leader, this position is primarily responsible for new business development, administration of Institutional and Retirement Plan accounts, overseeing support staff activities, and complying with policies developed to carry out corporate policies and objectives. This position is responsible for all aspects of the client relationship, and as needs dictate, involves other bank officers and specialists to ensure that the client’s banking and investment needs are met in a timely and profitable manner. Assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors including the use of Blue360.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
- Achieves sales and referral goals set by the Team Leader.
- Develops and executes a client relationship strategy plan to achieve win/win solutions for Bank and client.
- Independently calls on prospects to identify needs, consulting prospects on services.
- Discusses the Bank’s investment process, performance and market trends and develops appropriate investment objectives for assigned relationships based upon the clients’ needs, risk tolerance and document restrictions.
- Builds relationships with existing clients and referral sources and cultivates new referral sources both internally and externally.
- Maintains and expands relationships and breadth of services used by clients.
- Develops new business opportunities and maintains existing relationships by cross selling and ensuring application of all services appropriate to client needs.
- Manages accounts per policy and governing documents.
- Responds to all client financial needs which may include more complex situations.
- Identifies potential challenges and implements solutions.
- With assistance of Administrative Officers and other staff, responsible for the day-to-day account administration activities, including account set-ups, deposits and withdrawals of assets, and investment needs through available support staff.
- Works to facilitate the timely review of accounts.
- Ensures that accounts are handled in accordance with the governing document, fiduciary laws and division policies and procedures resulting in no E&Os.
- Maintains and develops relationship management and technical skills and knowledge through training and other developmental activities.
- Performs presentations in front of client groups and in one-on-one client meetings.
- Maintains membership in community groups/professional associations.
- Assists with department and division committees, projects and audit remediation.
- Maintains behavior consistent with the BOH Code of Business Conduct & Ethics and is a team player.
- Performs all other job related miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution, major in business or related are preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Post Graduate degrees and certification (JD, CPA, CFA, CIMA, CTFA, CFP, MBA) highly desirable and may substitute for up to 2 – 5 years of the work experience described below.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of work experience in progressively responsible positions in in banking, trust and investments with responsibilities generating a working knowledge of the interwoven and changing regulatory requirements (Tax, DOL, SEC, etc.) surrounding ERISA and other institutional trusts, investment options, and taxation and cash flow concerns or equivalent work experience.
- Also requires 1 – 2 years relationship management, banking, trust or investment sales experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Knowledge of or ability to use Bank software.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills to include excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Must have demonstrated Possesses excellent networking and business development skills.
- Should have interpersonal skills sufficient to build strong working relationships and partnerships across the organization.
- Able to work with all levels of employees, management, as well as business owners and executives.
- Should be an active listener and team player who projects a positive, professional image and promotes team effort.
- Able to handle important accounts and express complex ideas in concise and simple terms.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, organized, and independent.
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Must be able to analyze large amounts of data quickly, draw conclusions from sometimes incomplete information and make good decisions.
- Able to solve problems creatively and decisively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings a necessary.
- Able to provide own transportation or to operate a vehicle with a valid driver’s license, and able to commute and arrive at intended destination as required.
- Must be able to travel to various locations and by air as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Banking Sales/Services
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Mar 15, 2017, 9:05:32 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing