Personal Banking Officer-1700004
Want to make a difference in someone’s life? Be a Personal Banker!
If you have a passion for people, want to grow personally and professionally, and want to help others achieve their goals, we invite you to explore the career options with our Bank of Hawaii Personal Banking Team.
Personal Bankers make an impact by:
Learning their client’s stories and uncovering their goals, and
Helping their clients make their financial dreams a reality.
When you join our Personal Banking team, it’s not about where you come from, but where you want to go. We will provide first-class training and offer the opportunity for continued career growth.
Under the direction of the Personal Banking Manager, the role and responsibility of the Personal Banking Officer (PBO) position is to attract, expand and retain profitable relationships by offering value in recommending the right products and services to achieve the client’s financial goals. The client portfolio is comprised of top tier consumer clients and the primary role of the Personal Banking Officer is to provide financial advice and solutions that meet the clients’ needs and goals, leveraging proactive sales activities to provide value added counsel and personalized financial solutions at major life stage events with an understanding of their client’s financial priorities. This position conducts sales and relationship management activities utilizing excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) disciplines and behaviors. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
Services an assigned portfolio of approximately 300 top tier consumer clients focusing on building/deepening relationships.
Maintains and sells financial services to the clients by addressing both long-term and short-term goals through profiling and understanding their clients’ “milestone mindsets” and “personal story” to ensure financial needs and personalized financial solutions are delivered in a proactive manner.
Executes call program and maintains an active relationship with all top tier clients and clients of influence.
Identifies and secures new high and/or potentially high value consumer clients.
Networks in the community and market area for prospecting purposes and to establish new referral sources.
Refers clients to subject matter experts in the organization for cross sell opportunities.
Actively and accurately tracks sales pipeline.
Leverages support units or alternative delivery channels to match the servicing needs of the client.
Works closely with Branch staff and line of business partners to identify clients and opportunities that are best served and expanded by the Personal Banker.
Serves as the secondary officer for relationships assigned to the Personal Banking Manager.
Adheres to the Bank’s Standards of Quality, actively monitors client satisfaction and continuously strives for improvement.
Supports and actively participates in the community through involvement in professional associations and community organizations.
Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies.
Keeps informed of current bank policies, procedures, federal laws and regulations as well as maintains strong working knowledge of all new products, programs and sales promotions.
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT: Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry. If not yet registered, registration to be completed and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or transfer date. If not registered and accepted, employment may be terminated.
- College degree from an accredited educational institution, preferably with a major in business or related area, or equivalent work experience.
- I: Minimum 2 – 3 years of Banking experience and 1 – 2 years of client portfolio management experience or related work experience. Demonstrated record of individual sales/financial goal achievement.
- II: Minimum 2 – 3 years of Banking experience and 3 – 4 years of client portfolio management experience. Must have a general understanding of banking, lending, retirement and investment products and services relevant to the mass affluent client segment and their individual goals. Demonstrated record of individual sales/financial goal achievement.
- This position requires use of a personal computer, client information applications, and other platform automation and standard office equipment (typewriter, fax, copier, financial calculator, telephone, etc.).
- Working knowledge of PC/Computer based software including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Client Relationship Management System (Blue360), spreadsheet applications, loan underwriting programs, and financial planning tools.
- Requires extensive knowledge of products and services, and ability to comprehend and grasp finance and credit concepts though training and field work.
Other Job Qualifications
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make critical decisions independently.
- Possesses networking and business development skills.
- Must be able to travel throughout defined market.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Must be able to effectively interact and create relationships with high-value Consumer Clients.
- Must be able to provide own transportation and ability to commute and arrive at intended destination in a timely manner and/or as required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Banking Sales/Services
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Jan 3, 2017, 12:53:36 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing