Private Banking Officer-1700006
Under the direction of the manager, this position is responsible for developing, managing, and retaining comprehensive relationships with clients meeting the net worth, income and profitability profiles of the Private Banking Group. Provides advice, counsel, and high level customer service to build deeper client relationships through the sale and administration of credit, deposit, and investment agency products and services and in a manner that ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures. Assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting sales and relationship management activities utilizing the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) disciplines and behaviors.
- Provides expert financial advice and counsel to clients and prospective clients especially in the areas of private banking, personal trust and investments.
- Able to present alternative solutions for a variety of complex business situations.
- Analyze economic and industry market trends to identify potential business opportunities and high-risk situations.
- Partners with Wealth Management Product Specialists as needed to provide counsel and expert advice in all areas of Wealth Management.
- Responsible for retention, growth and profitability of assigned client relationships and develops new relationships with prospective high net worth clients by utilizing their competent understanding of the Comprehensive Wealth Management concepts.
- Works with internal partners to generate referrals and leads that lead to new business or expand existing business.
- Responsible for retention, development, and growth of high net worth relationships.
- Approves structures and/or recommends appropriate credit facilities for Private Banking clients within accepted credit policies.
- Interviews applicants to develop client and financial information.
- Prepares and reviews files and call memos.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of credit analysis, projections and cash flow analysis and other loan request items (CAM).
- Reviews loan documentation prepared by LOD and/or outside legal counsel to ensure compliance with terms; recommends actions to be taken on overdue accounts.
- May review specialized loan documentation prepared for specialized loan requests.
- Analyzes existing portfolio of loans to ensure conformity with terms and to detect the development of unfavorable trends.
Regulatory and Compliance
- Responsible for administration and adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements, policies and procedures related to investment agency accounts, bank depository, and credit facilities.
- Works closely with Private Banking Administrators to ensure that all accounts assigned are administered according to policies, procedures and governing documents.
- Actively ensures compliance with the Bank of Hawaii Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas.
- Follows account opening procedures and understands and follows internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position.
- Actively works with customers to understand each customer’s normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.
Job Function Investments
CREDIT REPORT REQUIREMENT: A credit report mandated by the Dodd-Frank Act to ensure demonstrated financial responsibility. The report is to be obtained and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or transfer date. If not accepted, employment may be terminated.
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT: Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry. If not yet registered, registration to be completed and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or transfer date. If not registered and accepted, employment may be terminated
Requires extensive knowledge of products and services, and expert knowledge of Private Banking and credit products and services.
Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point) or similar software.
Other Job Qualifications
Well developed analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills. Ability to make critical decisions independently. Possesses networking and business development skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Jan 3, 2017, 12:59:24 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing