Project Coordinator - Facilities-1600977
Under the direction of the Construction and Project Management Manager, the Project Coordinator coordinates work required to complete a wide variety of work orders, manages small-scaled moves (fewer than 20 people) and small scale projects. The Project Coordinator is also responsible for managing excess furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) and maintaining the Bank’s warehouse which stores FF&E valued at approximately $250,000.00. This position involves working with a diversity of departments and personnel within Bank’s corporate structure. Accordingly, this position is responsible for championing excellent customer service on behalf of the business unit, while adhering to Bank standards and managing expenses. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
- For small-scaled moves, meets with business unit manager to determine scope of work and assess feasibility and/or options with site conditions.
- Develops space plan and schedule for approval by initiating cost center manager or designated representative.
- Procures cost estimates, including identifying third party vendors, for Cost Center Manager and Corporate Facilities Division Manager approval.
- Schedules and coordinates service vendor(s) and the Bank’s internal business units as applicable.
- Determines appropriate action to be taken on any excess FF&E as part of the move process and the management of the Bank’s warehouse.
- At the time of moves, sorts FF&E by condition and arranges for appropriate disposal of unusable items.
- Maintains accurate inventory list for FF&E that can be redeployed and arranges for shipment and storage at Bank’s warehouse.
- Coordinates all deliveries and pickups of FF&E at Bank locations and warehouse, and supervises vendor to ensure proper handling.
- Oversees cleanup projects for properties being sold or vacated.
- Maintains art and key inventories.
- Under the direction of the Construction and Project Manager, coordinates refurbishing and redeployment of existing artwork.
- Procures cost estimates for work orders and all required materials and services required to perform the work.
- Obtains approval of cost from Cost Center Manager and/or Corporate Facilities Division Manager.
- Schedules and coordinates third party service vendor(s), and the Bank’s internal departments as applicable, to complete work requested.
- Receives incoming work orders and determines scope of work required.
- For work orders with an expanded scope of work and/or funds requiring RAC approval, advises Construction & Project Management Manager for re-classification of “work order” to “project”. Prioritizes and manages work orders to complete in a timely manner.
Develops and manages tracking system for all small scaled moves.
- Ensures floor plans are updated after each move and provides new plan to Facilities Compliance Manager and manager of Business Continuity (BCC).
- Provides complete and accurate information to Contracts Specialist to obtain purchase orders, service agreements and certificates of insurance as applicable.
- Upon completion of projects, ensures all documentation is correctly completed and costs are allocated to the appropriate departments.
- Actively communicates with initiating cost center, including Cost Center Manager, on progress of work orders/small scaled moves to ensure end user(s) are properly apprised.
- Following completion of move projects, personally visits the new location to ensure work has been done correctly and to the satisfaction of the business unit.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of experience in vendor/contract procurement/management.
- This position requires use of a personal computer and other standard office equipment (typewriter, fax, copier, financial calculator, telephone).
- Familiarity and proficiency using the Internet as a research tool required.
- Working knowledge of personal computer utilization, including proficiency with E-mail and software such as Word, Excel and Access required.
- AutoCADD experience a plus.
Other Job Qualifications
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills and demonstrated experience working in a team-based work environment.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work across departments and divisions and maintain/build strong working relationships.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to operate an automobile.
- After hours and weekend work may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Administration
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Dec 22, 2016, 10:37:37 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing