Remittance Processing - Payment Processor-1700199
Under the direction of the Process Manager - Lockbox Operations, this position is responsible for performing operational activities of the unit to ensure that services are delivered reliably and professionally, and that services meet the quality expectations of our customers in accordance with performance goals and in support of the department’s business objectives. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
- Performs various workflow assignments: preparation of work for processing, distribution of output to internal or external customers, tracks work moving in and out of work unit using appropriate control processes and in accordance with operating procedures.
- Processes customer transactions in the manner described in operating procedures using data processing equipment and/or personal computers.
- Performs balancing and reconciling assignments: ensures that customer transactions are balanced and adjustments prepared as applicable in accordance with operating procedures using remittance processing systems and associated computer equipment.
- Communicates and works with other shift/cost center staff, internal and external customers, technical support staff, and supervisors to respond to requests for information.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One year post-high school education preferred or equivalent work experience.
- No prior work experience in item processing or in the accounting field.
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Knowledge of or ability to use bank software accounting or bookkeeping skills; critical thinking skills, and problem solving skills.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, organized.
- Should have good reading comprehension ability.
- Must possess good interpersonal and customer service skills, problem solving skills and be a team player who works well with others.
- Able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed or assigned.
- Shift work is required for full-time positions.
- Must be able to push/lift 60 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Bank Operations
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Mar 8, 2017, 10:38:38 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing