Residential Loan Officer - West Oahu-1700123
Under the direction of the Residential Loan Manager, the Residential Loan Officer is responsible for generating loan volume from the real estate market. Assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting sales and relationship management activities utilizing Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) disciplines and behaviors.
- Interviews applicants to determine their ability to qualify for residential mortgage products and cross sells other Bank of Hawaii products and services that meet the customers’ needs.
- Analyzes the applicant’s current and recent income, credit and debt picture in order to qualify them for the correct loan amount and program that best fits their needs.
- Understands and communicates federal and state regulations to the consumer.
- Uses this understanding to deliver adequate disclosures and accurate information on rates, programs and Bank of Hawaii policies.
- Makes officer calls to real estate broker offices and others in the real estate field to generate and maintain business.
- Attends open houses and real estate meetings and makes presentations to groups in the real estate and related fields.
- Makes recommendations regarding loan approval to the chief underwriter with backup data to support the recommendation.
- This includes accurately assembling customer files and obtaining the documentation necessary to meet investor standards.
- Inputs customer information into a computer processing system and monitors the flow of loans through the system to meet successful closing dates.
- Answers phone inquiries and uses the phone and computer system to communicate information to customers about products and qualifications.
CREDIT REPORT REQUIREMENT: A credit report mandated by the Dodd-Frank Act to ensure demonstrated financial responsibility. The report is to be obtained and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or transfer date. If not accepted, employment may be terminated.
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT: Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry. If not yet registered, registration to be completed and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or transfer date. If not registered and accepted, employment may be terminated.
Minimum two years mortgage banking experience.
Knowledge of mortgage loans and deposit products.
Customer service and sales experience preferred.
Ability to use a HP financial calculator, personal computer and is proficient on Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, and Excel.
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be able to provide own transportation or to operate a vehicle with a valid driver’s license, and ability to commute and arrive at intended destination in a timely manner and/or as required.
Travels by air as required.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs and must be able to work flexible hours to include evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary or assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Banking Sales/Services
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Feb 13, 2017, 2:57:53 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing