Wholesale Credit Administrator-1700280
Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now, we’re embracing change with our new 21st century banking.
It’s our people who help us succeed in offering first class service and products to our customers. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
Does this sound like you?
Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. Here you can be at the forefront of whatever you do. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Wholesale Credit Administrator
Under the direction of the Manager, Wholesale Credit Division, this position provides the credit approval function for one or more Business Units (BU) in the Bank of Hawaii (Bank) and its subsidiaries. This includes review and/or decisioning of credits which exceed the delegated authority levels within the BUs. The Wholesale Credit Administrator also provides management oversight to ensure timely and dependable risk management. Ensures business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. In addition, this position is responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
Delivers excellence in portfolio management.
Makes credit decision utilizing assigned lending authority.
Works with tracking systems to ensure timely credit approvals and quality feedback as necessary to the BUs.
Monitors that risk ratings are accurate and changed on a timely basis as necessary.
Responsible to provide guidance and other resources to support management oversight of portfolio risk, such as delinquencies, large borrower and industry concentrations, and policy exceptions.
Actively monitors portfolios for changes in trends and risk profile.
Coordinates seamlessly with portfolio reporting and other partners, such as examiners, to ensure timely and dependable risk management.
Partners and/or collaborates effectively with BU Managers and Primary Relationship Officers (PROs) and underwriters to achieve BU credit quality objectives and expedite decisioning.
Delivers professional on-going coaching and mentoring to PROs, underwriters, and analysts to improve skill sets.
Proactively partners with existing credit risk training resources to strengthen skill sets which are the foundation underlying the evaluation and communication of credit risk.
Establishes a process for the review of BU client relationship strategies, and overall portfolio risk.
Provides leadership as a “change agent” to assist in implementing the Credit Culture vision for the Bank.
Ensures there is excellence in analysis and structure in all Credit Approval Memorandums reviewed or approved.
Causes the establishment, review, update and implementation of, and compliance with, Bank’s credit policies and procedures.
Ensures that there is proactive communication between Wholesale Credit and the BUs through a variety of channels.
Ensures BU’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures.
Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- 4 year college degree with basic understanding of business and economic subjects and strong written and oral communication skills.
- 10 years commercial credit experience in the middle market, commercial real estate or national corporate markets.
- Extensive experience in portfolio risk management required.
- 2 years management experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint) or similar software.
- Sound understanding of basic credit, cash flow analysis, corporate finance, lending, and loan administration skills with the ability to teach these to others.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, and organized.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely fashion not always with the benefit of complete information.
- Ability to work effectively in teams. Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Bank’s products and services, credit policy and SPM.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State laws affecting commercial credit and real estate.
- Must be able to provide own transportation or to operate a vehicle with a valid driver’s license, and ability to commute and arrive at intended destination in a timely manner and/or as required.
- Travels by air as required.
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings as needed or assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function Compliance/Risk Management
Primary Location Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting Apr 11, 2017, 2:28:28 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing